Do you want to be informed of the most recent information about tropical warnings for storms? You’re in the right spot. The Severe Tropical Storm Rai is the name used internationally of the Cyclone. it is locally referred to as Odette that is slowly increasing in intensity.
The people of both the Philippines and in the United States are eager to learn the most recent news regarding Tropical Cyclone and Public Storm Warning #1 Signal and its effects. To find out all the information you can read the entire episode below.
A Brief Introduction to Public Storm Warning Signal
These warning signals are broadcast to raise awareness and alert people about upcoming weather disruptions. Signal numbers are allocated to specific areas based upon the intensity, the size of the circulation direction, speed of the storm as well as other elements.
Public warnings for storms are modified or decreased based on the storm’s path travels across PAR (Philippines Zone of Responsibility). Before we get into the issue in the Public Storm Warning #1 Signal , let us know about the different warning signals for the general public.
Public Storm Warning System
Check out the table below to learn about the different warning signs, their duration and the way they affect the environment around them:
|Public warning of storms||Time in hours||Winds in KMPH||Wind Effect|
|#1||36||30-60||Light to no damage|
|#2||24||61-120||Medium to light effect|
|#3||18||121-170||Medium to high-impact|
|#4||12||171-220||Very high to extremely severe damage|
|#5||12||>220||Very high and widespread|
Public Storm Warning #1 Signal
- 30 to 60 kmph winds are expected to last for 36 hours in an open ocean.
- 1.25 metres to 4.0 meters height wave could be predicted.
- The possibility of rain showers is high.
- For structures that are high-risk, it is recommended to do light to minimal damage is expected.
- for structures that are low-risk, with moderate to light damage.
- Homes constructed with lighter materials could suffer from a small damaged.
- Banana plants are tilted and leaves get damaged.
- Small tree twigs can be broken or damaged.
- If it is in the blooming stage, rice crops can be severely damaged.
- It is suggested that people must be attentive to the most current weather forecast every six hours from PAGASA.
- Like every other business, it is able to be run.
The Latest News On Public Storm Warning #1 Signal
According to the sources, in response to Odette, the signal number. 2 was elevated when the weather system changed from a severe storm into a Typhoon at around 8 AM today. According to PAGASA (The Philippine Atmospheric Geophysical, Atmospheric and Astronomical Service Administration) announced in its latest announcement that Rai maximum sustained winds were increased to 120 kmph instead of 110 kmph. The typhoon is predicted to increase its intensity further on the evening of December 16.
Signal #1 Warned Areas
- Southern areas of Romblon
- Eastern Samar
- Northern Parts of Zamboanga
- Misamis Oriental
According to our studies, generally when PAGASA issues an alert, it indicates that tropical cyclones remain in constant motion. Based on the changes in the intensity of cyclones, their the size and speed Public Storm Warning Signal number will alter.
So, was our post regarding Public Storm Warning #1 Signalhelpful to you? Do share your comments with us via the box below for comments. The eastern regions of Surigao del Norte and Surigao del Sur is the region in which signal 2 is being raised. Moreover