Are you still compromising your dream of becoming a Salesforce Platform Developer just because you don’t know how to prepare effectively for the certification exam? Hey dear aspirant, let us tell you that the difficult roads lead you to beautiful destinations.
In this blog, we will tell you exactly why you should take the Platform Developer 1 Certification and also help you understand if you are the right person for the role. Salesforce describes this certification as a credential meant for personnel who are well versed in building custom applications on the Lightning platform and have the experience to help a company build a robust infrastructure using their skills.
The Salesforce Platform Developer 1 Certification is all about the fundamental concepts of programming in the Lightning Platform and the procedures necessary to build according to the business needs.
The Salesforce Platform Developer 1 Certification is the first step to entering the Developer genre and establishing yourself as a professional. So, let us know why you should take the Platform developer 1 Certification.
- The first and foremost thing you should start with while preparing for the exam is knowing the Salesforce Platform 1 Developer exam details. The exam has a question format based on MCQ. You will have 65 questions to answer, among which 5 are non-scored questions. Every candidate is allotted a time limit of 105 minutes to answer the questions, and the passing score for the exam is 68%. That clearly means that you will get certified if you can give the right answer to 41 questions among the 65.
- A registration fee of $200 is all the amount you need to apply for the exam apart from a nominal tax that varies from person to person depending on the location they are based on and the local law applicable there. If you fail to qualify for the first time, you will not have to pay the same amount on your next attempt. You will need to pay just $100 as the retake fees.
- If you have questions regarding the prerequisites of the Salesforce Platform Developer 1 Certification, then let us tell you that there is no such prerequisite for the exam. Like all other Salesforce certifications, for this too, a candidate needs to have just a graduation degree from an authorized university.
- There are two modes to sit for this exam that you can choose from. The first one is the onsite proctored exam, in which you have to choose a centre and sit for an offline exam. The second one is the online proctored exam, where you can sit for the exam from anywhere and give the exam on your desktop or laptop using a camera.
Why should you own Salesforce Developer Certification?
Salesforce Platform Developer 1 Certification is a must-have credential for professionals willing to establish themselves in the Development field.
As we all know, Salesforce is one of the most popular CRM service providers in the IT market, and being under this giant force will definitely level up any professional’s career graph. This certification is undoubtedly a stepping stone for beginner developers to enter the Salesforce ecosystem that could help them scale up in terms of growth or career advancement.
There are a number of unsaid benefits offered to those who opt for Salesforce platform developer 1 certification. It will not be wrong on our part to claim that these benefits are the main reasons one gets attracted to becoming a Salesforce Developer.
Here is a list of some of these benefits listed for you to understand the importance of a Salesforce platform developer 1 Certification.
- The Salesforce Platform developer 1 Certification helps you to verify your skills and establish yourself as a well-versed professional. It helps you to stand out from the crowd and increases your chances of staying ahead of the competition.
- An individual opts for acquiring skills apart from their basic education mainly to get better job opportunities and live a comfortable life. Salesforce Developers are ranked among the top 10 highest-paid professionals in the IT industry. The Salesforce Platform Developer 1 certification is one such credential that will enable you to get high-paying jobs if you acquire the certificate and develop the skills required.
- Salesforce holds a large part of the international market; many giant organizations are linked to this cloud platform. If you get certified by Salesforce as a Platform Developer, then it will definitely be easy for you to crack jobs in high-end companies. In short, you will get many opportunities to build a strong resume by associating with renowned organizations.
- The level of growth a developer undergoes while contributing to the overall growth of the organizations they work for is immense. The Salesforce Platform Developer 1 certification is the base credential of a developer. After getting this certificate, one can acquire the Salesforce Platform Developer 2 Certification, which is more valuable than the former.
- A Salesforce Platform Developer 1 certification validates your skills in dealing with the Lightning Platform; it establishes you as a professional with the knowledge to escalate a company’s revenue with their skillset. Hence, once certified, you can rest assured of having a secured future.
How to Prepare for the Platform Developer 1 Certification Exam?
We hope the above section could help you to some extent in understanding why you should be taking up the Platform Developer 1 certification. Now let us guide you in understanding how to prepare for the exam to get an excellent result.
The preparation period is the most important part of the Salesforce Platform developer 1 Certification. The better you prepare for the exam, the more marks you will get, and the more your chances will be to skyrocket your career graph.
If you are stressed about preparing effectively for the exam and do not have a clear idea of what to do to score high, then keep reading the section below. We are here to help you out with how to prepare for the Salesforce Platform Developer 1 Certification.
- Refer to the Exam Guide
The first and foremost thing you should be doing is going through the exam guide for the Salesforce Platform Developer 1 Certification exam. This guide is like a bible for earning the credential. Go through the guide in detail and get a thorough understanding of the exam format, the time allocation, weightage, and other necessary factors involved.
In the Salesforce Platform Developer 1 Certification exam, the syllabus is quite vast, and the question paper is divided into several sections. While all of the sections are important, some hold special mention due to having more percentage of questions in the exam. The exam guide will give you the details of those sections, which will help you score better in the exam.
- Schedule the Exam
The Salesforce certification exams give you the golden opportunity to choose the date and time you would like to sit for your exam. As an aspirant, you should take full advantage of this opportunity and schedule your exam beforehand even before starting your preparation.
Scheduling your exam date beforehand gives you a deadline of how much time you have in your hand to prepare for the exam. This is a very helpful trick to prepare for the Salesforce Platform Developer 1 Certification exam.
- Join Trailhead
Salesforce has successfully created a community in which aspirants, Salesforce certified professionals, and everyone related to the Salesforce ecosystem come together, known as the Trailhead. If you want to succeed as a Salesforce professional, we suggest you join the Trailhead community immediately.
Earn the badges from the Trailhead exams, which will benefit you later on after you get certified to get better job opportunities. You can communicate with the trailheads to know about the ecosystem better and flourish in your career in Salesforce.
Other than that, the Trailhead community also organizes seminars, webinars, networking events, and several other programs to keep the aspirants inspired, motivated, updated, and prepare better for their future.
There is a lot of information to take in to excel in the Salesforce Platform Developer 1 Certification exam. While preparing for the exam from a reliable learning platform, do not just keep taking notes from modules you watch and webinars you attend.
The most effective way to score high marks in the Salesforce Platform Developer 1 Certification exam is to keep practicing from the start.
Practice as many questions as possible before the exam to familiarize yourself with the types, structure, and depth of questions you can expect to see on the actual exam. This will assist you in managing time in a better way.
We hope you have full clarity on the importance of the Salesforce Platform Developer 1 Certification exam and understand the impact it can shed on your career if you can qualify for the exam with an excellent percentile.
The Salesforce Platform Developer 1 exam is one of the most in-demand Salesforce credentials and is also the prerequisite for the Salesforce Platform Developer 2 Certification exam. We hope you give your best shot to crack the credential. Good Luck!