In China, Singles’ Day or Double Eleven is an annual shopping holiday on November 11 for single people. The holiday has become a popular day for businesses to offer sales. Especially online retailers. The date was chosen because the numeral 1 resembles a bare stick figure. This is representing someone who is alone.
The holiday has been celebrated since the 1990s, but it only became widely known outside of China in 2009, when e-commerce giant Alibaba began offering massive discounts on its website to mark the occasion. Alibaba’s sales on Singles’ Day last year reached $30.8 billion, more than Black Friday and Cyber Monday combined. Other Chinese retailers have also gotten in on the action, and Singles’ Day sales now rival those of America’s biggest shopping holidays. In recent years, some Western retailers have begun offering their own sales on Singles’ Day.
Is it a Sad or Happy Day?
It’s hard to say whether or not Singles Day is happy or sad. On one hand, it’s a day to celebrate being single and enjoying the freedom that comes with it. On the other hand, it can be a reminder of how single you are and how you may not be as happy as you’d like to be in your relationship status. Ultimately, it’s up to the individual to decide whether or not they want to celebrate Singles Day or not. It is also up to the person if they want to go to a traditional casino or hell spin casino online.
Fun Things to do During Singles Day
1. Have a singles party! Invite all your single friends over for a night of fun. Make sure to have plenty of food and drinks on hand, and some fun games or activities planned.
2. Go out on a date! Whether you ask someone out or go on a blind date, spending Singles Day with someone you’re trying to get to know better can be a lot of fun.
3. Pamper yourself! Treat yourself to a day of pampering, whether that means getting a massage, a mani/pedi, shopping or just spending some time relaxing at home.
4. Go out and about! Explore your city or town and check out all the fun things to do. Visit new restaurants, bars, shops, or just take a stroll around and people watch.
5. Spend time with friends! Even if you’re not single, spending Singles Day with your friends can be a blast. Go out to eat, see a movie, or just stay in and chat.
6. Do something you love. Take some time for yourself on Singles Day and do something you love. Whether it’s reading your favorite book, or taking a yoga class, doing something you enjoy will help you feel good about yourself.
7. Volunteer. If you’re feeling really lonely on Singles Day, consider volunteering. Helping others can take.
Does Singles’ Day Make One Miss Being Single?
One can miss being single. They can miss the freedom that comes with it. They can also miss being able to do what they want and when they want it. It is easier for them to go out and meet new people. Also, be able to flirt and have fun. To add, one can miss being able to travel and not having to worry about someone else.