Have you heard about the platform for fundraising GoFundMe? Have you thought about GoFundMe to raise money? Are you looking to know more about the site and its owners? If so, then you must read the article.
GoFundMe is among the top fundraisers for profit. The world’s population, especially Canada as well as Australia, United States and Australia would like to know more details about the site as well as the current owners. In this article we will discuss the platform for fundraising GoFundMe and Who owns Gofundme..
What is GoFundMe?
GoFundMe is a fundraiser and crowdfunding platform for profit that is based within the US. It allows people from all over the globe to raise money for various important life events such as graduations and celebrations as well as demanding situations such as illness and accidents.
From 2010 to the beginning of 2020, over 9 billion dollars were raised via GoFundMe. GoFundMe platform. The funds came from greater than 120 million donors. GoFundMe is located in Redwood City, California, has offices located in San Diego & Dublin and operations in Germany, Spain, Italy, France, and the UK.
Before you know Who owns Gofundme Let’s look at the way it functions.
How Does the GoFundMe Platform Work?
GoFundMe makes it simple for groups, individuals, and companies to raise money. According to their official website platform, users must follow three primary steps to raise and receive money. We’ve discussed them in the following paragraphs:
- Begin the fundraising First, they must set the goal of their fundraising, state the reason for why they require the funds and then add a picture or a video for greater credibility.
- Share the news with family and friends The time has come for people to must share and promote their fundraising efforts via texts, emails, as well as social networks.
- Control the donation – Finally, accept the donation and then remove the funds when you thank donors.
Who Owns Gofundme ?
Andrew Ballester & Brad Damphousse created CreateAFund at San Diego, California, in 2008. The fund later was later developed into GoFundMe in the year 2010 from the two.
In the year the year 2015, Andrew Ballester & Brad Damphousse The company was sold to Technology Crossover and Accel Partner. The two sold what began as a modest fundraiser to 300 million dollars.
In the year 2017, CrowdRise purchased GoFundMe. Presently, GoFundMe is one of the top crowdfunding platforms around the globe and is owned and operated by CrowdRise.
The current top-level executive team at GoFundMe includes CFO Tim Cadogan, President Juan Benitez and CMO Musa Tariq.
Now we have a better understanding of who owns Gofundme let’s talk about the main fundraising campaigns.
Top 10 list of GoFundMe fundraising events:
- $45.1 Million America’s Food Fund
- $22.5 million we Build Wall (refunded)
- $24.2 Million It’s Up Defense Legal Fund
- $14.7 Million The official Memorial George FloydFund
- $11.5 million – Humboldt Broncos Funds
- $11.8 Million $ Las Vegas Victims Fund
- $10.1 Million — Douglas Stoneman Victims Fund
- $8.2 Million — Frontline Responder Fund
- $7.8 Million The Pulse Support for Shooting Victims
- $7.5 million – COVID-19 Navajo Hopi Families Relief Fund
GoFundMe is the leader of the fundraising field. The service for fundraising is completely free however GoFundMe receives a percentage of the donations.
Did you find this article about Who owns Gofundme was helpful and informative to you? If yes, please comment on your experience with GoFundMe fundraising services , or any comments regarding the platform.