Often, you like to talk about not just the ingredients you should have in your kitchen. The tools will help you to cook successfully, whether it is a mixing bowl, a chef’s knife or a spatula. Having the proper cooking utensils will make cooking easier and less stressful. It also makes your dish come out perfect, especially if it’s a kitchen tool or device that has precise functions.
What are the different types of peelers?
The different types of Peelers are given by,
Rotary peeler or Jonas peeler: A rotary peeler is probably the first style that comes to mind when you think of it as a “Vegetable Peeler”. They have dual blades that protrude from the handle and rotate with pressure to allow the blades to slip along the surface of fruits and vegetables.
Y or Swiss or Speed Peeler: This peeler looks like a slingshot and like a rotary peeler. The blade also rotates with pressure.
Serrated peeler: Saw tooth peelers are available in both straight and Y shank types. They are identical to their straight-bladed cousins, except for serrations.
Julienne Peeler: The Julienne peeler is an exciting variation of the peeler. It looks very similar to a serrated peeler. But the blade itself has a more prominent “spur” that separates it.
Finger/palm/hand peeler: This peeler looks like a ring. Then the blade is inside the plastic cover.
Lancashire Peeler: Lancashire peeler is similar to a rotary peeler unless the blade part protrudes from the handle and remains stiff.
Electric rotary peeler: An electric rotary peeler is essentially the same as a manual rotary peeler. But don’t use elbow grease.
How to use a peeler?
When you use this kitchen tool, it will save you time preparing your recipe. In addition, it is not complicated to use, so you have little waste left. Follow the steps for how to use the peeler for the longest use.
- Suppose you use a little pressure to peel the skin of a fruit or vegetable. A peeler will thinly slice sweet potatoes, hard cheese, or cucumbers.
- Gently press the peeler and slide the fruit or vegetable as far as it will go to peel the skin off. Gently peel the skin off your body to prevent cuts to your fingers.
- The peeler has a built-in loop to remove uneven strips from the root vegetables. You can also use a peeler for julienne carrots and fries by lightly pressing the peeler.
- Continue peeling until the skin is completely removed. It takes a little force and effort when remove the top layer of vegetables. You can add pressure to remove thicker skin.
- When you are done peeling the vegetables, it is recommended to wash the peeler by hand and not put it in the dishwasher.
- You should dry the blades to prevent rusting.
What is the usage of the peeler in the kitchen?
Peelers are used to remove layers of meat from fruits and vegetables, such as apples, by peeling off thin, narrow shavings. The standard design for peelers includes a hard blade that forms a single position. Therefore, hands must be used to peel by following the shape of the peeled item.