If you are a mother, your children have undoubtedly been your top priority since birth. It’s time to focus on yourself, feel good about your post-pregnancy body in the mirror, and savour going clothes shopping again. While diet and exercise can help many women lose post-pregnancy weight, cosmetic surgery is often the best option for restoring a shapely figure. A Mommy Makeover procedure is an excellent way to regain your pre-baby body’s shape and appearance.
Mommy makeover surgery refers to a group of cosmetic procedures designed to target body parts that are affected during pregnancy and postpartum. This specialized group of systems has grown in popularity over the last decade as women seek ways.
Benefits Of Mommy Makeover
With Mommy Makeover surgery, you get the advantages of several procedures at once. In addition, you can address all your areas of concern simultaneously because your mommy makeover cost and procedures are entirely customizable based on your needs and goals, allowing you to minimize downtime and achieve optimal results.
While the benefits vary depending on your procedure of choice, many patients benefit from lifting and restoring volume with a breast augmentation and raise, as well as tightening and firming up the abdomen and stomach muscles. Although the advantages of liposuction surgery are long-lasting, maintaining a healthy lifestyle and a consistent exercise routine is critical for keeping your results over time.
Procedures Involved in Mommy Makeover
Mommy Makeovers are entirely customizable, so they frequently involve multiple procedures to meet each patient’s unique goals best. There is no one-size-fits-all approach because each woman’s body reacts differently to pregnancy. However, the most popular Mommy Makeover procedures are as follows:
Breasts lose volume and develop loose skin during pregnancy. Breast augmentation can address these issues by restoring volume, improving symmetry, and adding fullness and firmness following labor and breastfeeding.
Many women opt for a breast lift in addition to breast enhancement. A breast lift can help to elevate breast tissue higher on the chest, reshaping it and restoring its original fullness. A breast lift also allows for tightening the tissue and removing any excess skin caused by pregnancy.
Pregnancy, of course, alters the shape and appearance of the abdomen. A tummy tuck, abdominoplasty, involves removing excess fat and reshaping muscles to create a smoother, flatter appearance and improve waist shape.
Liposuction is often the best option when diet and exercise fail to remove stubborn post-pregnancy fat. While liposuction can be executed anywhere in the body with excess fat, most women choose to do it around the waist and hips. Liposuction is highly effective for contouring the body and sculpting the midsection by removing excess fat tissue.
Liponique Body Contouring, a tactic available only at The New You, allows patients to tailor their liposuction surgery to their specific needs. Our breast and body specialists combine liposuction and body sculpting technologies to achieve your best results.
Prepare for Your Recuperation
- Mommy makeovers aren’t the same as magic wands. A lot is going on simultaneously, and your recovery period is critical to your health and achieving your goals. Total recovery times will vary, but you should be prepared for some of the most prevalent mommy makeover recovery experiences.
- The average healing process for a mommy makeover is six weeks, with complete recovery and results taking between four and six months.
- You should budget for and expect 10-14 days of complete downtime. This includes taking time off work, assisting with household chores, and caring for your children.
- Swelling is not only normal, but it can last for up to 6 months after surgery.
- You will most likely experience emotional highs and lows. The pain, surgical trauma to your body, pain medication, and exhaustion can all impact emotionally. In addition, many women experience regret or remorse in the days immediately following their procedures. During this time, speak with your doctor or seek out support.
- Numbness and tingling around your incision sites are normal and to be expected. Breast and nipple sensitivity is also possible. After a mommy makeover, these sensations can last up to 6 weeks.
Before surgery, it is wise to check with a plastic surgeon. Make sure that you and the doctor are on the same page and have the same goals.