Are you wondering if your company should be introducing paper bags? Although they may appear not the most exciting subject, understanding the different characteristics of various bags and their capabilities and purposes are beneficial to any bakeries, restaurants, take-out businesses, gift shops, or even grocery shops.
With the variety of paper bag sizes available, it cannot be easy to choose the one that best meets your company’s requirements. Read on to find out more about the differences between various bags.
Paper bags typically come in two colors: white and brown. Although brown bags are more commonly used in establishments like grocery stores, retail stores, and restaurants than white ones, white bags can emphasize your company’s logo and have a more professional and sophisticated look. French bread paper bags, for example, are made of brown kraft paper with clear windows, allowing the customer to see through the bag and adding elegance and a sophisticated look to your baked goods. Whatever color you select, each item has a sturdy material impervious to rips and tears.
Alongside your color choice it is also important to be aware of the type of paper bags with handles to choose according to their intended use like for carrying gifts, food, or other bulky items.
- Twisted paper handle. It is an ideal alternative to a plastic handle. The paper twist could be as strong as 120GSM, making it ideal for carrying bulky items. While it’s not the most elegant design it is sturdy.
- Flat paper handle. Made of recycled paper, it is cheaper than plastic handles, and is suitable for lighter products.
- Die-Cut handle. The paper bag is cut in the upper middle and is often used for taking away containers from bakeries, cafes and eateries.
- Rope handle. Is a handle with a touch of class and is frequently used in boutiques, stores as well as gift stores. It is more durable than a twisty or smooth paper handle.
A plain bag is useful for the purpose of carrying objects and is more economical than a patterned bag, or printing one with a logo. If you only intend to use the bag to pack items, a plain bag is sufficient. If you wish to use the bag to promote your business you could use it to print your logo, tagline and the name.
The heavyweight bags are perfect to carry grocery items as well as food, snacks and take-out containers because they are stronger than lightweight paper bags. Additionally, the heavyweight paper bag is thicker than the lighter version. Paper bags that are lightweight can be used to carry small items, souvenirs, and gifts.
A pinched bottom paper bag is like an envelope and perfect to carry light items such as documents, small presents, money and cards to mention some. Certain air sickness bags are made of brown kraft paper with a pinched bottom that can be used to store garbage on the boat or plane. Paper bags with a flat bottom can be used to carry large and medium-sized objects made with or without the Gusset. Its sturdy bottom can support items and can stand up when you add heavy items.
Paper bags that are general in nature may have flat bottoms and with Gussets, which makes them larger inside. For instance, if they’ll be used for delivering food items, these are brown bags with and without handles. If you are wondering, there is a huge gap between paper bags and tissue paper. Paper bags are made from brown kraft paper making it thicker and durable than tissue paper. Tissue paper is a delicate material and can easily break when exposed to water, however, it’s one of the leading causes of having to call an emergency plumber in Beaumont Hills, Australia for clogged toilets.
But, certain bags are designed for the purpose of packing food items and are water-proof. Some companies use these food-grade bags as packaging for foods, seeds, and animal feeds, with airtight sealing to protect the items.
If you operate a small food store or restaurant, lunch bags or shopping bags with handles can be a great option for business. In addition, supermarkets typically require heavy-duty paper bags and sacks for their groceries. Liquor stores may also use beer or paper wine bottle bags, while boutiques and book stores can use merchandiser bags. We suggest markets and produce bags if you operate a farmer’s market. Paper bread bags and reclosable cookie and coffee bags are ideal for cafes and bakeries.
If you’re having difficulty deciding whether your company should utilize bags made of paper, take into account these important aspects:
- Bags made of paper are 100 percent biodegradable and reusable. They are also recyclable.
- Paper bags can withstand greater pressure or weight than plastic bags.
- Paper bags pose less risk of suffocation to animals or young children.
- In contrast to plastic bags, paper bags aren’t waterproof.
- Paper bags are more expensive than plastic bags.
- Paper bags can take up more storage space than plastic bags and are significantly heavier.
- Paper bags are flammable, which is one of things to keep away from when working with fire and heat like welding and fabrication.
As you can see, there are advantages and disadvantages to using bags made of paper. When selecting the right bags for business, it’s essential to be knowledgeable to make an informed decision about the type most suitable for your needs. If you’re looking for a traditional style and feel, paper bags are an excellent choice for your school, restaurant, catering business, grocery store, or food store.