What is Permanent Makeup?
It is also known as micropigmentation, derma pigmentation, and cosmetic tattooing. Permanent makeup can be used to enhance or correct the following:
-Lips (liner and/or color)
– Scar camouflage
-Areola restoration (after breast surgery)
Permanent makeup procedures are performed using a very fine needle and implantation device. The depth of the needle penetration will determine how long the results will last. The benefits of permanent makeup are that it can save you time every day by not having to apply makeup, and it can also boost your confidence knowing that your makeup will always look perfect. Permanent makeup can be especially beneficial for people with allergies to conventional cosmetics, those who have trouble applying makeup due to vision impairments, and cancer patients who have lost their eyebrows or eyelashes due to treatment.
Some of the pros of permanent makeup include:
1. Convenience: With permanent makeup, you won’t have to worry about reapplying your cosmetics every day. This can save you time in your morning routine, and it can be especially helpful if you have an active lifestyle or if you have trouble applying makeup due to vision problems.
2. Cost savings: Permanent makeup can save you money in the long run since you won’t need to purchase cosmetics as often. Additionally, if you choose to have your procedures done by a professional, the initial investment may be less expensive than purchasing high-end cosmetics on a regular basis.
3. Improved appearance: Permanent makeup can enhance your appearance and help you feel more confident about your looks. For example, if you have thinning eyebrows, permanent eyebrow tattoos can give you a fuller, more youthful look.
How to Find a Permanent Makeup Artist Near Me
When it comes to finding a permanent makeup near me, there are a few things you’ll want to keep in mind. First, do your research and read reviews – this will help you narrow down your options and find an artist that’s right for you.
Finally, once you’ve found an artist you’re comfortable with, be sure to follow their aftercare instructions carefully to ensure the best possible results.
What to Expect During a Permanent Makeup Session
When you arrive for your appointment, the permanent makeup technician will cleanse your skin and apply a numbing cream to help reduce any discomfort. Once the numbing cream has had time to work, the technician will begin creating the desired shape using a fine needle.
This is what gives permanent makeup its long-lasting results. The technician will then go over the area again to ensure even coverage and color.
Afterwards, the area will be cleaned and a bandage may be applied. It’s important to keep the area clean and dry for the next few days while it heals.
How to Care for Your Permanent Makeup?
1. Avoid excessive sun exposure: Permanent makeup can fade over time if exposed to too much sunlight.
2. Don’t pick or scratch at the area: It can be tempting to want to pick or scratch at your new permanent makeup, but this can cause irritation and even lead to infection. If you experience any itching or redness, contact your artist right away.
3. Keep the area clean: Gently wash the area with soap and water daily.
4. Apply aftercare ointment: After your artist has applied permanent makeup, they will likely recommend an aftercare ointment to keep the area hydrated and protected. Make sure to follow their instructions on how often to apply the ointment.
5. Seek professional touch-ups: If you notice any fading of your permanent makeup, it’s best to seek out a professional touch-up rather than try to fix it yourself at home.
If you’re looking for permanent makeup near you, then this comprehensive guide should help you find what you’re looking for. We’ve listed a few different ways to search for permanent makeup artists in your area, as well as some tips on what to look for when choosing one. Permanent makeup can be a great investment, so make sure you do your research before making a decision.