The default login page for your Netgear WiFi range extender can be found by visiting www.mywifiext.net. Mywifiext is an acronym for three words: My, WiFi, and EXT. In this case, EXT stands for “Extender.” Using this web address, you can set up your extender and change its settings as needed. The most significant thing to consider is the requirements for a simple Netgear WiFi extender setup.
The following are the requirements for Netgear range extender setup:
- Locate your Netgear range extender in the same room as your router.
- Provide a proper power supply to your extender.
- The other thing is to have a functional WiFi network.
- You must grab a smart device having a web browser in it.
- It is necessary to have more than one web browser installed on your computer or laptop. It is possible that you will be unable to log into the new extender setup page due to a web browser issue. In such conditions, you can use a different browser.
The above were the requirements to set up a Netgear wifi range extender. Let’s go ahead with the procedure to configure your extender.
Mainly there are two methods to install a Netgear wifi range extender which are as follows:
- Web browser setup (Manual setup).
- Wireless protected setup (WPS).
In this blog we will learn about both the methods to setup a Netgear extender.
Mywifiext extender setup: Manual method
Manual setup is the first method to install your Netgear range extender.This method is also known as web browser configuration. Here are the steps to setup your extender manually:
- Turn on your Netgear extender.
- Connect your repeater to the existing wifi.
- Open a web browser like chrome,mozilla firefox e.t.c.
- Visit www.mywifiext.net website.
- Now you are on mywifiext login page.
- Create a login account.
- Choose the network name that you want to expand.
- Tap on Finish to complete the setup process.
- Now you can place the extender at your desired location having dead spots.
In this way you can configure your Netgear extender via manual setup or you can say that web browser setup.In the next blog we will talk about the wireless protected setup (WPS).
Netgear extender Setup: WPS Method
Let’s get more familiar with another way to setup your Netgear wifi range extender,which is also called as the most fast and easy method to install your extender. Wireless protected setup (WPS) does not require any password,username or SSID.You can simply configure your wifi booster by pressing a button only. Let’s see how it is done.
To setup your extender via WPS method go through these steps:
- Plugin your netgear extender and turn it on.
- Make sure that your booster is connected to the existing router.
- When the power LED on your repeater turns stable green.
- Press the WPS button on your netgear extender.
- After a minute press the same WPS button on the existing router as well.
- After two minutes if the light status on the repeater is solid green.
- That means you have performed the WPS setup successfully.
That’s how you can install your netgear extender within two minutes only via the WPS method.
How to update the firmware using mywifiext?
To maximize product performance, security, and usefulness after mywifiext login, keep your wireless range extender firmware up to date. The simplest technique for upgrading extender firmware is to perform the following steps:
- Connect your wifi extender to the power source.
- Allow a few minutes for the WiFi extender’s LED to turn solid green.
- Now open any web browser on your desktop.
- For more information, visit mywifiext.net or mywifiext.local.
- You will be sent to the Netgear extender configuration window.
- Enter the default extender login credentials.
- Select the ‘LogIn’ option.
- From the drop-down option, choose ‘Administration.’
- Choose ‘Firmware Update’ from the menu.
- Tap on the ‘Yes’ option if updated firmware is available.
The latest firmware will be downloaded and installed on your WiFi range extender right away. If you run into any difficulties, please reach us by calling on our toll free number.
How to change my username and password using mywifiext?
The procedure to change the username and password using mywifiext is quite simple.In this blog we will discuss about the detailed steps to complete this procedure which are as follows:
- Open your preferred web browser.
- Visit www.mywifiext page.
- Type your username and password.
- Hit the login button.
- Open the password settings.
- On the screen, new username and password options will display.
- Type here the username and password that you want to set.
- At last click on save option.