The days get shorter, the temperatures drop, and the leaves start to fall as winter approaches. Winter means harsher weather, flimsier roads, and relentless ice, cold, and snow. All of these changes signal that you need to prepare a few additional items in addition to Thanksgiving, such as your RV’s brakes and bearings. As the weather gets colder and we start to see more ice and snow on the roads, it’s important to ensure that your brakes and bearings are in good condition. It is never too late to get your RV ready for winter; if you haven’t started yet, this is the ideal time.
Tips to Prepare Your Brakes Before Winter
Neglecting to have your brakes and bearings service can lead not only to premature wear but also to potential damage. RV maintenance is not just about keeping you safe but also protecting other drivers. When your brakes and bearings are serviced regularly, breakdowns on the road can be prevented, giving you peace of mind whenever you’re traveling!
Your brakes are one of your RV’s most important safety features, so you want to ensure they’re in good condition before the winter weather hits. Brake fluids should be changed every three years or 30k miles; it’s also recommended that you flush the system once per year if using synthetic oil because there could still contain some old dirty parts from before installation, which would reduce performance significantly- so what must you do to prepare your brakes for the chilly winter months?
- Check your brake fluid: The level and condition of your brake fluid directly impact your brake performance. In cold weather, brake fluid can thicken and may not work well. Make sure you check the level and condition of your brake fluid regularly and top it up if necessary.
- Flush your brake fluid: Over time, brake fluid can become dirty and may not work as well. Flushing your brake fluid will help to clean it and restore its performance.
- Inspect your brakes: Make sure you inspect your brakes regularly for any wear or damage. If you notice any problems, take your RV to a mechanic to get it fixed.
- Upgrade to winter brakes: If you live in an area with a lot of snow and ice, you may consider upgrading to winter brakes. Winter brakes provide better stopping power in cold weather and on icy roads.
- Get your RV ready for winter: In addition to preparing your brakes for winter, you should also take steps to prepare your RV for the cold weather. Ensure you have enough antifreeze in your engine, check your tires, and get your RV serviced before winter.
Tips to Prevent Your Bearings From Freezing
Another important part of your RV to have inspected before winter is your bearings. The cold weather can cause your bearings to freeze, which can lead to serious problems down the road. So what should be done to prevent your bearings from freezing this winter?
- Check your owner’s manual: Your owner’s manual will have specific instructions on how to care for your RV during the winter months. Make sure you follow these instructions to avoid any problems.
- Don’t drive too fast: When the roads are icy or snow-covered, it’s important to slow down and take your time. Driving too fast can cause your bearings to freeze.
- Avoid puddles: Puddles of water can turn into ice, damaging your bearings. So avoid them if you can.
- Park in a garage: If you have the option, park your RV in a garage or under an awning to protect it from the elements.
- Get your RV serviced: Before the winter sets in, make sure you get your RV serviced by a qualified mechanic. This will help to avoid any problems with your bearings freezing.
Get Your Brakes and Bearing Checked At Trademasters
A qualified mechanic can inspect your brakes and bearings and ensure they’re in good condition. They can also flush your brake fluid and upgrade you to winter brakes if necessary. In addition, they can service your RV and ensure it’s ready for the winter weather. So if you’re not sure how to prepare your brakes and bearings for winter, take your RV to a qualified mechanic and have them inspect it. They’ll be able to get your RV ready for the cold weather and prevent any problems down the road. Moreover, they will also help you get your RV serviced before winter.
With winter comes the increased risk of your brakes and bearings freezing. By taking the time to prepare your brakes and bearings for the winter, you can help to avoid any problems while traveling. So don’t wait until the last minute; get your RV ready for winter today without any worries with Trademaster. You can ensure that both the bearing and brakes are in good condition and can withstand cold weather. Trademasters, located in Chilliwack, BC, Canada, is a professional automotive service shop that offers various brakes and bearing services to keep your RV running safely and smoothly all winter long.
Preparing your brakes and bearings for winter is an important part of getting your RV ready for the colder months, and what’s better than getting it inspected by a team of experts at Trademasters? They know that safety is the key to everything. That’s why their top priority when it comes time for you and your family’s transport needs are met by providing only quality car, van, or truck accessories in Chilliwack along with full service on all trailers!
At Trademasters, we can help you get your car, trailer, or RV ready for winter. Trademasters is your one-stop shop for all Chilliwack’s best van, truck, and trailer accessories. They also offer a wide range of services to help you keep those wheels rolling smoothly! When your trailer is serviced at Trademasters, they ensure everything is in perfect working order. Their professional and knowledgeable staff perform a 30-point inspection under which each component is thoroughly inspected for wear or tear so that any future trips are safe-for both drivers on the road and those traveling next to them with an unprotected axel service! Contact them today to schedule an appointment for your RV’s brakes and bearings service.