There has been a significant increase in our seafood intake over the last few decades and as with the increase in population, seafood popularity with increased even more.
If you are living in Australia, you might know that this country is always one step ahead in fishing practices.
But do you know that the prawns available in the market are imported because they take longer to grow to the eatable size and are very economical as well. Imported frozen prawns are available in the market, however, you can buy fresh prawns online as well.
The Nutritional Profile Of Prawns
In a 115g serving of prawns, you will find:
● 105 percent of the recommended daily selenium intake Selenium has an important role in spermatogenesis and immunological function.
● 77 percent of the daily vitamin B12 need, which can aid in the maintenance of a healthy neural system.
● Protein accounts for 56 percent of daily calories and helps to maintain and increase muscle mass.
● Phosphorus (59%) is important for bone and tooth health.
Health Benefits Of Prawns
Health scientists and nutritionists claim that prawns are one of the healthiest seafood on the prawns and there are obvious reasons for that. For a start, prawns are good for your immune system, brain, bones, muscles and skin. Prawns are a MUST in your healthy diet plan.
● Iron is found in abundance in prawns, and it is necessary for the body to transfer oxygen correctly. Iron deficiency, which causes extreme weariness, is surprisingly common, especially among women, because it is found in only a few types of food.
● prawns contain selenium and it is one of the best antioxidants available. Antioxidants help our body function in many ways especially our supporting cells.
● Prawns contain zinc which is essential for growth, brain and immunity.
● Elements like phosphorus, copper and iron help our system to strengthen our bones and tissues.
Prawns Can Protect You From Infertility And Cancer
The findings pave the door for a unique strategy for schistosomiasis management, a disease that can cause anaemia, stunted development, sterility, organ failure, and tumours.
Freshwater prawns, as per new research, can help reduce the development of schistosomiasis, a parasite illness that can cause diarrhea, growth retardation, infertility, kidney dysfunction, kidney cancer, and long-term cognitive damage.
Youthfulness And Immunity
Prawns are said to be beneficial to your skin. The reason for this is that prawns contain Vitamin E, which is beneficial to the complexion. As a result, eating prawns on a daily basis will restore your youthful looks and make you appear younger.
Prawns help to strengthen your immune system. Zinc is abundant in prawns, and it plays a crucial role in immunological function.
Prawns are the healthiest seafood on the planet and it is also super easy to make them. Steaming, boiling, baking, or grilling prawns is the healthiest way to prepare them. Prawns are also used as a basic protein in a wide variety of nutritious and delectable dishes due to their relatively neutral flavour profile.
Prawns are nutrient-dense seafood that may be prepared in a variety of ways. Prawns provide flavour and nutrition to your diet whether they are farmed, wild, frozen, or fresh.