Have you been thinking about getting a new tattoo? Whether it is an image etched on your mind that you want to realize on your skin, a memory you want to remember always, or a self-reflection, getting a tattoo can be an overwhelmingly exciting experience.
It is, therefore, only natural that you would want to get it right and be sure that your experience is satisfactory and that your tattoo is exactly as you expected. It is why it is not only important that you choose the right image you want to copy but also get it done from the right place.
So, before you go in and request a tattoo, here are a few things you may want to consider. We have also offered a few helpful insights into why choosing the right tattoo artist is important.
A New Tattoo-Getting it right
A tattoo is a permanent and lifelong commitment, so you must get it right the first time.
The image or design you get tattooed is like a timeline of your life. You look at a certain tattoo, and it reminds you of a moment in your life when you got that tattoo. Obviously, when you look at it, you would like to reminisce about that time in your life and not sigh and remember what a shoddy job the tattoo artist had done. Instead of being a cherished memory, that tattoo could just become a painful reminder of a poor choice.
It is why you must carefully consider what you get done and who you get it from. BodyMods features a wide range of skilled tattoo artists who can turn your vision into reality, and you get exactly what you came looking for. But more on that later; first, let’s look at what you need to consider before you get a new tattoo.
Getting ready for a new tattoo
Most people think nothing of it and decide on a whim to just walk into a studio and get a tattoo. It might turn out to be the biggest adventure of your life or the biggest regret. But take it from the experts that it is important to prepare yourself before you get permanent art on your skin.
You will know exactly what to expect when preparing for your tattoo appointment and finalizing your design. While these tips may not help make the tattoo a little less painful, you can surely have a memorable experience. If it is your first time, a little knowledge beforehand will also make the entire experience less intimidating.
Pick the right tattoo artist
If you pick the right tattoo artist, you will find yourself having fun during the process. It is widely acknowledged that having a good experience while getting the tattoo tends to impact how you feel about that tattoo. If you like the artist, you will love their work.
It is a good idea to do your research and check out the work of the artist you are getting it from. Make sure to check out the work after it has healed since there is a difference between fresh and healed work. It will give you an idea of how the artist’s work ages with time.
Make an appointment
Getting an appointment to request a tattoo at BodyMods is simple. You just need to fill out a quick form with your details and reference picture. You will also need to put in your preferred appointment details to book a consultation. Within the next 24 hours, someone from the team will contact you to confirm the appointment. If you do not want to book online, you can also call to make an appointment.
If you look at the form, you will find an option to mention a preferred tattoo artist. If you have gone through the profiles of the featured artists, looked at their work, or have prior experience, you can fill out the option. If not, do not worry; the crew will assist you through the process of picking just the right artist for you.
Here are a few details you need to give when filling out the form.
- BodyMods requires you to provide a picture of your desired design. It helps the artist understand the vision. It is, however, important to understand that if you are providing another artist’s work as a reference, your final design may not look exactly like the other artist’s work. Artists usually do not make exact replicas of designs.
- Another important detail you need to provide is the size and placement of the tattoo. BodyMods tattoo request form requires the size mentioned in exact measurements (centimeters or inches) and the placement. You can modify these during the consultation, but the details you provide give the artist an idea about what you are looking for.
- You also need to convey your preferred date as per your availability. Consider what works best for you, so you and the artist are saved from going back and forth with the appointment.
It helps to go for a consult and discuss with your chosen tattoo artist in person what you want to get done and how they will go about it. This way, when you go for the tattoo, you will already be comfortable around the artist and know exactly what to expect from the session.
Preparing for the tattoo
So your appointment is tomorrow. Here is how you can prepare for the procedure
- Get a good night’s sleep before so that you are energetic and alert during the session.
- Remember to eat before you go in. Depending on the size of your tattoo, it may take some time to complete. It may also put stress on your body, so it is better to consume some carbs so you can soldier through the process, especially if it is your first time.
- Do not put on lotion before your tattoo session. It may make the skin slippery and a little difficult to work with. It is also better to wear loose clothing for the session, especially if you do not want to remove your clothing article to expose your skin for the session.
Request a Tattoo at BodyMods Today
BodyMods tattoo artists adopt a fun and non-judgmental approach to the work, so when you request a tattoo, you feel comfortable and confident in the knowledge that you have put your trust in the right place. You will have the experience of a lifetime and get the services you are looking for. So, if you are excited to take the leap of faith and get your next tattoo, book an appointment with The Studio at BodyMods to request a tattoo today. You can even call, message, or even visit for a free consultation and meet the tattoo artist in person to discuss and see for yourself what the hype is all about.