Have you ever tried cooking with marijuana?
The trend is growing, and more unique recipes are popping up on the 420 scene. Sure, you’ve heard of pot brownies, but have you discovered marijuana-mayonnaise or high-buzz hummus?
Some marijuana-infused snacks are extremely creative and provide a psychedelic twist to old favorites. The most important part of cannabis-infused food is the bud quality.
How do you get your hands on top-notch Mary Jane?
Two options: Either pay a pretty penny or cultivate your own. Use the highest yielding seeds to offer more potency. Adding these to your meals is sure to produce a mind-bending experience.
So, are you ready to uncover edibles like ever before?
How To Prepare Buds For Cannabis-Infused Foods
Before you learn how to cook with marijuana, you need to know how to prepare the herb for edibles. There are steps you need to take before deciding on a recipe.
- Blending marijuana with a suitable fat.
It simply means heating your buds to activate the THC. Without this step, cannabis won’t have any psychedelic impact.
There are several methods for decarboxylating your buds, but the simplest way is baking your crushed buds in the oven. Set the temperature to 235℉ and allow them to roast for about 40 minutes. Fresh, moist nugs might take double the time.
Deciding on an appropriate fat is essential for cannabis-infused food. Oil or butter acts as a carrier. THC isn’t water-soluble, so you need an option like butter or oil. If you like sweet treats, honey is another option.
The 11 Best Cannabis Recipes
There are so many exciting edibles to try, and it’s challenging to narrow them down. The options range from sweet desserts and sauces to beverages and cannabis-infused dinner recipes.
Let’s kick things off with how to combine cannabis with oil and butter before moving on to marijuana-main courses.
Cannabis Oil For Cooking And Baking
While you could get your oil from the local store, unlike this option, it won’t give you any satisfactory buzz when you use it. Once you’ve nailed this recipe, cooking with marijuana is a breeze.
- Decarboxylated, crushed cannabis
- 1 cup of oil (olive, soybean, coconut all work well)
- Heat a cup of oil on the stove over low heat.
- Pour in your cannabis (1 oz. is enough).
- Let it simmer for 3–4 hours and stir occasionally.
- After the allotted time, turn off the heat and strain using a cheesecloth.
Spread it on your scones, or bake with it. Cannabutter is a staple for cannabis-infused foods.
- 1 ½ oz. decarboxylated cannabis
- 4 sticks of butter
- Melt the butter on a stove at a low heat of 220℉.
- Once melted, add the marijuana, and allow it to simmer for 3 hours, stirring every 20 minutes.
- Turn off the heat, strain the mixture through a cheesecloth, and remove any hard greenery.
Looking for hearty cannabis-infused food packed with healthy ingredients? Mushroom Risotto makes a filling late lunch or satisfying supper.
You need :
- 2 tablespoons of cannabis oil
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- ½ cup rice
- ½ cup mushrooms
- ½ Onion
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 Tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 oz. grated cheese.
- ¼ cup chicken broth
- Salt to taste
Recipe for weed-infused mushroom risotto:
- Chop the onion, garlic, and mushrooms while warming the chicken broth over low heat.
- In another pan, saute the mushrooms with a pinch of salt until they’re fragrant. (Roughly 3 minutes)
- Add the apple cider vinegar, half the olive oil, and parsley to the mushrooms. Cook for 3 minutes, then remove it from the pan.
- In the now-empty pan, saute the rest of the vegetables. Once cooked, add the mushroom mix and the rest of the olive oil for another 3 minutes.
- Add the rice and raise the heat for two minutes before pouring in the broth.
- Stir continuously until the rice is tender.
- Incorporate the cannabis oil and grated cheese.
- Serve warm and garnish with parsley.
Try this saucy dip for your next social gathering. It’s one of those THC recipes that go well with various meals.
- Cannabis tincture (made with soya bean oil)
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon white vinegar
- ½ teaspoon mustard (preferably Dijon)
NB: Ensure that all ingredients are at room temperature.
Recipe for weed-infused mayonnaise:
- Place the egg yolks, lemon juice, salt, vinegar, and mustard in a food processor. Blend the ingredients using the slow setting.
- Add a few drops of cannabis oil, and blend the mixture again until it becomes thick and represents mayonnaise.
- Pour it into a sealable jar and refrigerate. It keeps for up to 5 days when chilled.
Do you love eastern cuisine? Hummus gives food an exotic touch without overdoing it. The best cannabis recipes are simple yet delicious, and this one fits the criteria perfectly.
- ¾ cup cannabis oil
- 15 oz. garbanzo beans
- ¾ cup tahini
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- ¼ cup roasted peppers
- 2 tablespoons artichoke hearts
- ¼ cup roasted garlic
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
NB: Ensure all ingredients are washed and chopped.
Recipe for weed-infused hummus:
- Warm the cannabis oil on the stove.
- Place all the remaining ingredients in a food processor and blend.
- Add half the cannabis oil to the food processor and blend. Keep adding cannabis oil until you reach the right consistency.
Popcorn is the perfect movie night snack. Make this classic interesting by cooking it with marijuana.
- 2 cups of popcorn kernels
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 2 tablespoons cannabutter
- Salt to taste
Recipe for weed-infused popcorn:
- Add all the ingredients into a heated pan and close the lid. Wait until all the kernels pop.
- Remove the popcorn from the pan and add salt as desired.
If it’s a hint of sweetness you crave, look no further than marijuana honey.
- ¼ teaspoon cannabis oil
- 1 cup honey
- Warm the honey over a double boiler until the consistency is runny.
- Add the cannabis oil and stir until combined. Transfer to an airtight container and stir before each use. (Some separation may occur)
A soothing cup of tea helps you unwind—even more so when it’s a high THC recipe.
- 1 teaspoon cannabis honey
- A tea bag
- Hot water
- Place the teabag in the mug.
- Add hot water to the brim and stir in the honey.
- Allow it to steep for a few minutes and enjoy.
Sugary treats do make for a delectable buzz. Practice your chocolatier skills while cooking with marijuana.
- 3.5 oz. dark chocolate
- ½ oz. decarboxylated, crushed cannabis
- Molds (silicone)
- Melt the chocolate over a double boiler.
- Add the cannabis and stir until combined
- Pour the chocolate into the molds and allow it to cool
Gummy candies are all the rage on the 420 scene. Various options, such as CBD bears or THC recipes, bring on a buzz.
- Cannabis oil
- 1 cup of cherry-flavored juice
- 2 tbsp of honey
- 2 tbsp gelatin
- In a saucepan, warm the cherry-flavored juice.
- Once heated, add the gelatin and honey and stir until combined.
- Add 2–3 drops of cannabis oil, stir the mixture once more and transfer it to molds of any shape.
- Let it set for an hour in the refrigerator.
A list of cannabis-infused food isn’t complete without the classic pot brownies.
- A box of brownie mix
- ¼ cup cannabis oil
- Follow the instructions given with the brownie mix.
- Substitute the oil requirement with cannabis oil and bake as instructed.
Jennifer Gallagher, an experienced cannabis grower at SeedSupreme Seedbank. During a 7-year career in the marijuana growing business, Jennifer has gained a high competence in this field. As far as weed is concerned, she knows it all inside out. Jennifer is an expert in pot-growing, as well as cannabis types and their effects. She’s also familiar with all legislation nuances.